The Oceans 8 Brighton team got together for this Christmas special to give their top eco tips and advice for New Year Resolutions 2020.
Who are Oceans 8 Brighton?
Oceans 8 Brighton is a co-operative consultancy partnership of Brighton and Hove based women who are leading the way for ocean plastic solutions. We have over 100 years of experience in waste solutions and are available for consultancy, media expertise, corporate events and public speaking. You may have already heard about the massive ‘Rubbish Heist’ we pulled off in the Summer after Brighton Pride, if not you can read about it here. 2 tonnes were collected in a few hours by a huge team of disco dancing volunteers. It was an amazing feat of community spirit.
Six of the Ocean’s 8 Brighton team got together for our Christmas drinks and I thought it was too good an opportunity to miss getting their shared knowledge out there for my podcast listeners. Sadly Amy Gibson and Louise McCurdy couldnt make it and were missed.
We share top tips on New Year resolutions 2020 and ways that you can resolve to help the planet in 2020. We also discuss how you can change habits and reframe your mindset. Amid the prosecco and nibbles it is an incredibly positive conversation which I personally found helpfully uplifting!
Some New Year Resolutions 2020 tips:
- Be careful where you keep and how you spend your money (Claire Potter)
- Get your energy from a company that genuinely provides renewable energy (Atlanta Cook)
- Think about what is important to you and what motivates you so that you can find your why. Then start tiny and build new habits up one by one. (Clare Osborn)
- Slow down, consume less and share more (Melanie Rees)
- Join a community that is putting pressure on policy makers (Mala Nathan)
- Embrace Reuse and sharing – if you need a new thing can you get pre-loved or perhaps borrow it? (Cat Fletcher)
All photos by the amazing Alex Bamford.
This podcast was edited by Chloe Aust and marketing contributions by Megan Youngs. More about the team here.
Clare Talks Rubbish is a podcast brought to you by Clare Talks, a Coach and Ocean Advocate. We are on a mission to inspire you to break outside the status quo, to create a wave of change. We want to inspire and help change makers, leaders and every day heroes. We love supporting and connecting people so do get in touch if you think we can be of assistance.